Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Your Presence is a Present . . .

Hey aLL!

I heard a really cool quote last week that said, "If you put your face to the sun, your shadow will always be behind you." I think about the sun being the future, and the shadow being the past. When I can stay present, I am right in my body, in the experience of NOW, or the PRESENT. Of course, it's called presence for a reason. It means I am here experiencing my life as it is showing up. I'm not in my head beating myself up about the past (depression), or worrying about the future (fear & anxiety). I am calm in the moment. 

This is why meditation can be so very powerful; it centers us in our breath, which is a momentary gift, right?

Needless to say, we all have trouble putting our past fears and hurts (this includes crappy relationships, btw) behind us. We like to wear our hurt and pain (sometimes) like wAr badges . . . and we bond with others who will join us in resurrecting and feeding on our past hurts and emotions! 

I also know that there are some who work hard to this about what might happen in the future. As Mark Twain said, “Some of the worst things in my life never even happened.” Those of us who sometimes live up in the future fears of our thoughts can relate, am I right?

Life is full of uPs and DoWnS, and if we can learn to roll with the punches and be grateful for our lessons, even when they cloak themselves in crappy situations, relationships, or events--life wouldn't feel so tough.


Dr. Seuss was a genius about this!
Check out "oH! The pLacEs you'LL gO!" 


RemEMbEr: wE are handed what we are ready for, and even if it feels like sH!#, there are LeSSonS in eVerYthInG

We need to (oh, the places you'llgo with it, and be present with what iS. We may not know the reason why something is happening . . .but we can know that the You-niverse has OUr backS, and if we trUst, we'll know the answer in the (You-niverse's) time . . .

Lottsa love!
;) dana

No comments:

Post a Comment