Sunday, June 21, 2015

jUsT . . . tRuSt!


Have you learned the lessons
only of those who admired you,
and were tender with you,
and who stood aside for you?

Have you not learned great lessons 
from those who braced themselves against you,
and disputed the passage with you?

--Walt Whitman



Dear fun & free Peeps!

Have you ever noticed that a lot of times we really want life to be easy and our relationships to be harmonious and smooth? And when things aren't that way, we can sometimes freak out?

I've noticed that for me, my best lessons stem from things NOT going my way and from relationships that are downright challenging and difficult. As a matter of fact, I think we're supposed to learn more when things get our attention and that usually means we're not so comfortable or we wouldn't notice what was happening.

In other words, challenges are put in front of us so we notice things are tough, we intentionally gear our actions/reactions to creatively solve the problem, and then we can look back and appreciate that we've moved through the experience in the best way we know how (and,we keep repeating similar stuff until we get pretty darn good at the THING we need to learn--and we add it to our skill set and it gets easier and easier until it's not such a big deal anymore . . . and then the next challenging thing comes along . . . repeat above cycle)!

What if we decide that even the lumpy stuff and the difficult people in our lives were sent for us for a reason? That is, to learn some stuff from them?

I'm not sure where I learned that stuff should usually go my way . . . no bumps or lumps . . . 
but I'll tell you one thing for sure:

sTuff moStLy doeSN'T gO thE way,
I, dAna LyNNe cUrrY BraDacH,
eXpeCt it to gO.

And then, I ask myself the question: Why sHouLd iT? After all, there's very little I can control in this world, so I might as well show up, do my best, and let go of the rest. And . . . 

juSt
tRusT

top secret incoming confession: I think maybe the real problem is that I get attached to my expectations (of people and other things), and then I feel disappointed when my expectations aren't met.

What if I change my expectations and open up to whatever life brings me? And, just accept WHAT IS--positive or negative--and decide that WHATever IS going on OUTSIDE of me doesn't necessarily have to affect WHAT IS my own experience on the INSIDE?

WheW!!!!
 . . . sounds good, doesn't it? 

It means that no matter what happens, ALL IS WELL.

cOoL bEaNs!
;0) dAnA

No comments:

Post a Comment