Monday, June 8, 2015

What time is it?



          A Time for Everything


To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:


a time to be born, and a time to die;

a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;

a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

a time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

a time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;


a time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

                                                                                 Ecclesiastes 3:1-8


Good Morning! Happy Monday!



This passage is so meaningful to me, especially because one of my life lessons is that TIMING is not something I can't control (never could); it's up to the Universe to guide me to the right time and "season" for everything, and that means I have had to learn how to get quiet and listen. Like the picture above reminds me,  cocooning is something I had forgotten about for a long time. But I'm finding it again, and beginning to take good care of myself after a long time of caring mostly for others first. 


I am learning how to spend time by myself--out in nature, reading, writing, journaling, and even praying and meditating. Some people in my life are bothered by this, and ask me "WHAT'S WRONG?" when I have want quiet time or solitude, or just me time. I don't want to do what others want me to do (or what I make up they want me to do or be) . . . I just want to be me, with me!  DOing is totally OVERrated! I am a hu(wo)man BEing, not a hu(wo)man DOing . . . and so aRe yoU!


Back to the importance of timing . . . It can mean people changing, letting go behaviors or relationships that no longer serve us or where the contract is complete. It could also be bringing in new habits, people, or rituals into our lives--like exercise, relationships, or even spiritual practices that nourish us.

Sometimes, other people expect us to be on their timelines, and this can be very tempting--especially since we often want people to like us and approve of us . . . which can be tough if we know inside that it's not right. We can be pressured into stuff we aren't ready for or that's against our own inner timelines, and then be resentful or do things half-heartedly 'cuz we aren't listening to our hearts and guts!

We are all in the process of Becoming our Best selves, and sometimes that means going within, listening to the Universe and our inner clock-- so we can go with the flow and timing of LIFE--and emerge renewed, refreshed, more connected to Source.

Blessings . . . it's all go(o)D . . .
 ;) Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment