Saturday, June 6, 2015

LoVe yOuR (im)PERFECT(ions)!

Dear FunFreePeeps!

I think we all struggle with trying to be "perfect" from time to time; 
but isn't it true that some of us actually make it a full time job?

(...I feel sTreSs coming on just writing that!).

Do you feel like you have to be

perfect?

Do you expect others to be

perfect?

What does that mean, anyway?

In my life, I think that my frustration with others NOT GETTING IT RIGHT (OR NOT DOING IT MY WAY) is actually a projection of how hard I am on myself. My heart goes out to all of us who need to be perfeckt. I GeT iT, because I did that stuff when I was in school, too  (and sometimes now . . . don't tell anyone!)
What's the deal, anyway?#!

Where do we get the idea that we need to do everything perfectly? Like, have perfect bodies, look perfect, act perfect, feel perfect (in other words, not ever have negative feelings)? I don't get it.
(deep belly breath, here . . .)

Trying to be perfect is pointless because we can never get there! It doesn't exist because we are human and we mess up! (surprise!... Note: Your parents are human, too, so don't expect them to be perfect, either. See my earlier blog about being a horrible listener. Thanks!)

Anyway, I know now that to be human is to be imPERFECT... and THAT is PERFECT! (and it takes the pressure off, too.!). That means accepting things just the way they are, and celebrating life and its iMperfecKtiOns.

Usually, when I resist what IS, the thing gets even BIGGER, and I also create HUGE StReSs for myself. I create this stress by how I think about it--which means, I do it to myself (kind of like the inner mean voice, remember?). Yikes, that means I'm responsible and I'm the one who has the power to change . . . change how I think! (oh, that's kind of a relief, actually). . .

I'm so glad I'm finally getting that perfection doesn't exist...that helps me breathe better. And it allows me to be more accepting of others (for not being perfect) and myself (for not being perfect), too.

When I focus on growing from a situation (instead of doing everything perfectly), I can live a happier life! Being PERFECTly imPERFECT! Yay!

How do you celebrate your imperfections?

Lots of LoVe!

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment