Teddy (2 years ago)
So, what's the deal? What is it about DOGs that makes them (wo)man's best friend? And, do you find the fact that DOG is GOD spelled backwards a coincidence?
Well, you already know how I feel about that . . .
We humans can learn a lot from DOGs; here are some reasons why I believe DOGliness is next to GODliness:
- Life is simple for dogs: eat, play, sleep, pee, and poop. No drama, whatsoever. Wouldn't it be great if we could live like that?
- Dogs are present, like, as in, they live in the moment. Have you ever seen a dog with regrets? Or worry about where to take the next nap? No way!
- Dogs follow their instincts. Like, when a dog is tired, it just goes to sleep . . . doesn't matter where---car, sidewalk, lap (more about laps later . . .). And, if a dog gets a bad vibe from a person or another dog. . . it barks!
- Dogs are forgiving. I don't know about you, but I've never witnessed a dog who holds a grudge. When something happens, a dog just moves on to the next thing!
- Dogs are loyal. They have your back. They will protect you and stand by you. Have you ever heard of a dog leaving home or breaking up with its owner?
- Dogs listen. (. . .without interrupting you, unless they're giving you little doggy kissies . . .). They will hold space for you while you cry about your stupid breakup or your crappy algebra test . . . (they also understand that your parents don't get it a lot of the time . . . true dat cuz dogs just give you that knowing dog look).
- Dogs accept what is. Dogs aren't haters. They don't care what brand of clothes you're wearing or whether you sit at the cool lunch table. They also don't care what mood you're in or if you have morning breath.
- Dogs love and serve. Dogs are full of gratitude and joy. Basically, a dog's job is to hang out, be present, enjoy life, and receive and give love. In other words,
What if that's all we have to do, too?
Love and be(Love)d?
What if life is that simple?
Just sayin ' . . . Woof!