Monday, May 15, 2017

r U a giVeR or geTTer?


"Some of the biggest challenges in relationships come from the fact that
most people enter a relationship in order to get something:
they're trying to find someone who's going to make them feel good.

In reality, the only way a relationship will last
is if you see your relationship as a place that you go to give,
and not a place that you go to take." 

Anthony Robbins, author and speaker.


I have been a giver my whole life; and there's more.

I have drawn takers into my life to fill me up because I have gotten a sense of wholeness from giving, and then felt sad and depleted, and even resentful, about being with a taker. And then I get to be a victim and not take responsibility for meeting my own needs.

It's not a bad thing--just like the takers aren't bad; it's just unconscious.

I want to be more conscious; I am becoming more conscious.

Thanks, Universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment