Tuesday, May 30, 2017

LiVe fRoM haPpInEsS . . .


05.30.17.

"When you're happy for no reason,
you bring happiness to your outer experiences
rather than trying to extract happiness from them.
You don't need to manipulate the world around you to try to make yourself happy.
You live from happiness, rather than for happiness."

Marci Shimoff

Funny thing that many of us learn somewhere that happiness is something we need to find outside of ourselves. One thing I have begun to realize in the past few years is that my happiness depends mostly on me, and that I can choose happiness as my baseline state of being--no matter what is happening outside of me.

So here's a random list of things that make me really happy: 

  1. Laughing.
  2. Random acts of kindness.
  3. Stickers.
  4. Amazing food.
  5. Hello Kitty.
  6. Tucking in my kids (when they let me!).
  7. Dance party in the basement.
  8. Cooking for my awesome family.
  9. Rainy days.
  10. Sharing a good cup of coffee.
  11. Puppies (love that puppy breath!).
  12. Swimming.
  13. Pellegrino water.
  14. Naps.
  15. Smiling at a stranger.
  16. Giggling in church.
  17. Getting my hair cut and colored.
  18. Writing.
  19. Listening to my daughter, Chloe's sleeping sounds.
  20. Holding hands.
  21. Meditating.
  22. Mushrooms.
  23. Hanging out by a warm fire.
  24. Giving surprise gifts.
What makes you happy? How do you take charge of your own place of SUPERHAPPY? Leave a comment and share your happy!

Lots of love,
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment