Wednesday, May 3, 2017

LeT gO . . .


Shedding that which is not me.
Dear FunFreePeeps;

A couple of weeks ago, I read that recovery and healing is not just about me adopting new ways of thinking, feeling, behaving, and coping in the world--it's equally about "shedding all that which is not me."

This may sound pretty obvious to some, but I believe this statement to be extremely profound. In a society where many of us have tried to fit in, we have cloaked our true nature, our real selves. 

We have behaved in ways that have not been real versions of ourselves--we either puff up and become MORE THAN,  or we have acted in ways that keep us SMALL for a variety of reasons. I would argue that most of these reasons are rooted in fear:
  • to get approval
  • to feel significant
  • to look smart
  • to keep the peace
  • to impress or please others
  • to not outshine and intimidate those around us
  • to prevent abandonment
How does this pattern work for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment