Thursday, May 11, 2017

Enough, already!


“If you let go a little you will have a little peace; 
if you let go a lot you will have a lot of peace; 
if you let go completely you will have complete peace.” 
~Ajahn Chah

Lately, I have been reminded of the power of letting go. Of control, of relationships, and of expectations. I have also been reminded that in general, people don't change. The question is, why do I keep engaging with someone if they repeatedly silence me and treat me with disrespect and disdain? I mean, sometimes these icky people are hard to avoid--for example, in our workplaces--in which case I try to keep an arms length.

We can choose to detach, emotionally, from these toxic individuals, and that's not as easy for me as I would like. I sometimes race up in my head (most often in the middle of the night!) to wake up and wonder, "What the hell happened?" And then the emotional hangover ensues.

Have you ever noticed that the same lessons keep showing up in life and we are like, "Why does this keep happening to me?" It's because we keep putting ourselves in the same situation, expecting different results. It's also called INSANITY

I truly believe the repeating pattern is the Universe trying to get our attention . . . because  we need to do something different.

Luckily, we can decide to NEVER PUT OURSELVES in the position where the same thing can happen to us again. Each of us gets to decide who we want to let into our inner circle; we can intentionally surround ourselves with people who recognize us, who hear us, and who lift us up.

Somewhere along the line, I learned the importance of being nice, of second chances, and of tolerance--all of which serve a purpose, to an extent. And being a spiritual person, I often try to rise above it all.

But there comes a time when enough is enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment